Help Us Find Marcus Rigby – Missing Since 1995
Marcus Rigby was 27 years old when he went missing on 17 April 1995 from his hometown of Grange-over-Sands near Cartmel in Cumbria.
Marcus told his mother he was heading to the West Country to make a new start.
From the initial review work, we now know that Marcus called his Aunt from South Mimms Service Station on the M25, late in the evening.
After staying with his Aunt, he was dropped off at the roundabout on the A34 Marsham Interchange at Abingdon, where he said he was hitching to Weymouth to find casual work.
A cheque from his account for a couple of nights’ stay at a guest house in Artists Row, Portland, was refused by the bank and sent to his mother’s home address, where Marcus was still registered. His mother put funds into his account that were never accessed.
How can you help?
Take some time to scroll through the images on the right to see if you recognise Marcus.
- Do you recognise Marcus from working in Weymouth in 1995?
- Were you staying in Artists Row and remember Marcus from 1995?
- Do you work in the homeless sector in Weymouth and beyond? If so, please share this message in your network.
- Do you live in Weymouth or on the south coast?
- Are you part of the artist’s community? Could you have seen Marcus?
- Did you happen to be staying at the bed and breakfast on Artist Row in Portland, Dorset, at the same time as him in April 1995?
Get In Touch
Remember, if you have information that may be of use to us, however insignificant you think it may be, please contact us using the form below, by calling us on 0300 102 1011 or emailing us at email@example.com. You may submit information anonymously.