At Locate Missing People Centre (Locate), we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our service users when visiting us, visiting our website or communicating (electronically or verbally) with us.
We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable U.K. Data Protection legislation and regulations.
Please let us know if you have questions regarding this policy either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Suite B, Blackdown House, Blackbrook Park Avenue, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 2PX. Alternatively, you can telephone 07410 899 091.
How do we collect information from you?
Our team are aware of the importance of handling data safely and securely and understand the procedures we have in place to ensure this happens.
We collect information from you when you enquire about our services via our team either by telephone or email. This information is required to complete the task in question.
In running and operating our website, we may collect and process specific data and information relating to you and your use of this site. We collect information relating to website users by using cookies (see details below).
What type of information is collected from you?
The data we collect from you may be classed as ‘personal data’ – information about an individual who can be identified by it.
The information we collect about you might include the following;
- your name/name of partner or spouse/name of your children
- your address and postcode
- your email address
- your home telephone number / mobile number
- your demographic information such as interests and preferences
- your date of birth
- your I.P. address
- your web browser type and version
- your credit or debit card details when making a donation
- any information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when
- The data we may collect;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as
- Registering to receive more information, booking a training session and so on.
- Information you provide if you complete a survey.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but
- not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use our website. We may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet, including the domain type, I.P. address and URL that you came from.
- This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our service and may be sent to third-party processors for data analysis, to improve our services and for targeting specific services and information.
- Your privacy is important to us, and we confirm that we will never release your data to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
How will we use the data about you?
- We may use your information;
- to process your enquiry
- to provide you with information you have requested from us about our products and services
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our services or website, including improvements, and
- service or product changes to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about missing people, appeals and information about Locate.
- If you consent, to notify you via our services and channels (email, telephone or post) of services or appeal that may be of interest to you. You can stop these communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us via telephone or in writing (please see ‘How to opt-out’ below)
- for our internal purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, quality control, website performance and evaluation, improvements to products and services.
Who has access to your information?
To comply with the Data Protection Act May 2018, we follow procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss of information under our control. Our security measure may mean that we will require proof of identity before we can disclose information to you.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third-Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers (for example Bank/PayPal for bank donations), agents, and other associated organisations to complete tasks and provide services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service, and we ensure their Privacy Policies are in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their direct marketing purposes
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We have secure password-protected databases.
While we take appropriate measures, both technical and organisational, to safeguard your data you provide us, we cannot guarantee that transmissions over the internet are secure. Therefore the transfer of personal data via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
The transfer of your information outside of Europe
Retention of information
We will hold personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, we may still hold your data on our database to the extent permitted by law.
How do I opt-out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about Locate and missing people or appeal, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of emails sent to you
- Email email@example.com or telephone 07410 899091, and we will process your request within seven days.
- Your ‘right to be forgotten’ and access. You are legally entitled to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you and that you have the legal right to forbid this data being passed to any third parties. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Locate holds about you at any time. Please use the contact details below if you would like to receive a copy. The accuracy of your data is also important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Locate, P.O. Box 683, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 4ZX. Alternatively, you can telephone at 07410 899 091.
Use of ‘cookies.’
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
To find out more about how to manage cookies through your chosen browser go to www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Links to other websites
Also, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Those aged 18 or under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 18 or under. If you are aged 18 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.